Sunday, May 8, 2016
Firefighter Paramedic Job Opportunities
The City of La Habra Heights Fire Department is currently accepting applications for Part-time Paid Firefighter Paramedics. This position is not an auxiliary or additional Firefighter on duty. This is a Firefighter Paramedic position assigned to an engine company responding to 911 calls.
The La Habra Heights Fire Department is comprised of 100+ personnel, providing Fire and Paramedic 911 services to the community. La Habra Heights is a community of residential homes in rolling hills and valleys. The La Habra Heights Fire Department is the primary 911 provider for the city and surroundings auto/mutual aid areas.
Firefighter Paramedics work an average of one 24 hour shift per week (0630-0630), with an opportunity to work additional shifts. They perform the duties of a Firefighter Paramedic on an engine company. Firefighter Paramedics currently receive $10 per hour, and are limited to working 960 hours per year. Firefighter Paramedics are not eligible for city benefits.
Minimum Qualifications for Firefighter Paramedic:
- Completion of a CA state certified Firefighter I academy within the last 3 years or FF1 certification.
- Hold a current certification as a paramedic in ALS through the State of CA with Accreditation in Los Angeles County as an EMT-Paramedic within 30 days of the date of hire.
- Current CPAT or Biddle.
- Have a valid CA Class C Driver’s License and are able to complete a Firefighter Endorsement within 1 year of employment (Preference given to OSFM Driver/ Operator certified).
- Must have a satisfactory driving record clear of misdemeanor convictions and have no felony convictions.
- Able to work an assigned shift; averaging 24 hours per week.
Applications will be accepted on a continual basis for openings that arise throughout the year. Qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews when positions open.
If you feel you are qualified, please e-mail a completed city application found at (www.lhhcity.org), resume, list of certifications, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.